I’m on Day 6 of an intense editing session and loving every minute of it. Nearly a year after I last had anything to do with this story, I’ve fallen in love with some of the characters all over again. It’s an intense and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
As my reward, I have three books lined up to read when I hand this one in:
The Bitter Seed of Magic by Suzanne McLeod
Live it Again by Geoff North
Hunger Aroused by Dee Carney
Then there’s Twin Peaks season 2 to watch. I got that as a Christmas present and haven’t had time to break the seal on it yet.
It’s gonna be a great May! 🙂
Now, back to the cave…
Haven’t done one of these for a while.
1. Hunter-gatherer food
2. Item in your living room
3. Childhood imagining
4. DVD box set you want to watch
5. Music-making scene in a film
My favourites are…
2. Tiffany lamp
3. I imagined tiny worlds flourishing on specs of dust. I wondered if they survived the turmoil brought to their universes by my mother’s duster, and hoped some monstrous duster a few sizes up the scale would never destroy our world.
4. Twin Peaks series 2. I’ve owned it since Christmas but haven’t had time to enjoy it yet. Saving it as a reward for when these edits are done.
5. Nina and Jamie playing J.S. Bach’s Sonata No. 3 in Truly, Madly, Deeply
What are yours?
Carina editor Gina Bernal is taking pitches today on our group blog Here be Magic.
She will choose one winner and request either a partial or a full from them. Please keep pitches to a brief one paragraph blurb plus pertinent details (title, genre, word count). Be sure to read the interview first to see what she is looking for. Hint: she has a fondness for Celtic stories and historical romance, but also other subgenres.
Good luck! 🙂